Thursday, October 21, 2010

A year ago tonight.............

         A year ago tonight as I sat on our couch writing an update on my pregnancy I stared having contractions and didn't really even know thats what they were I just thought she was moving around. I finished my post and off to bed I went. At 230am I woke up to this pain I have never had before. Thought I had to go to the bathroom so I got up and went sat there for a faw minutes it went away so I went and climbed back in bed. The pain kept coming back every 10 minutes or so. I thought to myself could this be contractions. Yes I know it sounds silly but I never really felt the braxton hicks so I did not really know what they felt like. This pain was very intense. 330am rolled around and the contractions hurt REAL bad so I woke Jason up. I told him what was going on and he said " Is this really time to get this show on the road". I said I think so I am going to go call the doctor on call and see what she saids. Sitting on the couch where all these contractions started only 6hrs earlier. The midwife called me back I told her what was going on and she said "sounds like labor contractions". She wanted me to time them for 45 minutes and call back. I got to 30 minutes before calling her back the contractions hurt so bad and they were 4-8 minutes apart she told me that If I really want to come in to come if not your water hasn't broke so you dont have to rush. I told her we will be there in 45minutes since it takes us 40 minutes to get to the hospital. After getting of the phone with the midwife I went in to our room and got Jason up again it was about 430am. As Jason got dressed and brushed his teeth I was getting the bags, warming the car had the carseat ready to go all as I was having contractions having to stop and take a break. 445am we were out the door. I kept track of all my contractions writing them all down. We did not get about 10 minutes from the house before we had to stop and get Jason a coffee from this oh so early trip to the hospital we were hoping that it was for real. I remember sitting in the car at the shall gas station while Jason ran in for coffee. The guy in the truck next to us looked at me like what are u doing as I sat there having a contractions holding onto the door. Jason got back in the car and off we were again to the hospital I told Jason " Please drive fast but safe at the sametime." oh and dont hit any bumps I mean it. We arrived to St Joseph Medical Center ER around 530am. Getting admitted was a pain in my butt trying to give the lady my info cause they had it all missed up. Having contractions 3-6 minutes at this point I couldn't talk anymore Jason took over. I told the lady I will walk to L&D Jason took one look at me and told the lady to get a wheelechair GOOD CALL Jason. I could not have made it there. Finally arriving on the L&D floor at 610am I was ready to get her out. The nurse was very nice I wish I could remember her name. She made me feel very comfortable as she hooked me up to the monitor to track my contractions. After about 15 mins she came in and said that she was going to check me. Sure enough I was dialted to a 4. She said get comfortable looks like you are staying. Jason was so happy to hear that and that HUNTING was on t.v. She went out to call the doctor on call for the day and it was my midwife. I was happy to hear that she would be there to deliever our little girl. After the nurse told us we were staying we called our moms and dad. The first to arrive was Jason mom. I didnt want any visitors. So she waited in the waiting room. my mom and sister Sami showed up next then Jason's dad Kevin. The new nurse that came on shift at 7am was very nice also but not like the first one, She kept the family updated on what was happing and I also texted in between contrctions. I dialted fast from a 4 to 6 by 8am and by 10 am I was 9. Somewhere in between 8-10 I tell this only cause Jason should aways listen to me. I was walking from the bathroom to the birth ball I told Jason I going to threw up he said no you are not I then told him he need to get something NOW. well long nasty story short he as slow getting the garbage can and the nurse could hear me from the desk and came running with a blue thing.  about 930am I couldn't take it much more longer and asked for the IV drug which did not do much. At 10am Donna and her student came in to check me and at the point she was going to break my water. Around 11am they came back in to break my water. After that things moved so quick. 1120am they had me on my side to help move her down. 1130 I told Jason I need to push I can't help it she is coming out I can't stop. He said don't push as he was getting up to get the nurse she must have over heard me and she was running in the room. Saying "dont push dont push" I said I am trying not to but she is coming out. She got Donna and Ashley right away. Once they were there I was pushing this little girl out. About 40 minutes later I did my final push and she was born at 1231pm Oct 22, 2009. Ashley (the student) put out little girl on my chest. Shortly later they took her away to check her since she had pooped inside. But since she had pooped inside they had special nurses in the room LIL GIRL came out crying they didnt really need to check her right away. After the nurses and midwife and Ashley were all done with me and lil girl our families got to come in and see us. I was eatting when the nurse came in and told is they were moving us. wow time flys when you are having fun. Our families met us up in our new room where we would spend the night. around 2pm we were in our new room loving and huging this wonderful little girl. After everyone left and the nurse was done doing the things with lil girl. It was just our little family relaxing and enjoying our lil girl. My friends from work came by to see us and the new lil girl. After they left I told Jason he better go get some good sleep and something to eat and we will see him in the morning so he left his little family to get some food and sleep someone needed to sleep. Lil girl and I were left in our room just the two of us. She was such a good girl sleeping and eatting. only cried once that I did not know what to do had to call the nurse. after that we had a wonderful night. and Jason was there to take his family home at 7am. I was ready to get out of there and home. We were discharged at 1030am and home by 1130am. I couldn't not ask for as great lil girl who from that day as turned my life and Jason's life up side down. Our lil girl was called many different names before I finally called her Leah Rachel Briggs and it stuck.


            Stay tuned for Leah's ONE year Stats and what she has been up to this past month. 

                                    (Wow I can not believe our lil girl is going to be ONE) 
                       So far I have only had two melt down and right now I am just feeling very overwhelmed.

No comments: